- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36 pcs
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 7-ounce package flaked coconut (1 3/4 cups)
- 6 beaten egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter
- In 2-quart saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to boiling.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 234 degrees on candy thermometer (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in coconut, egg yolks, lemon juice ad butter.
- Using about 1 tablespoon each divide mixture among 24 buttered 1 1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Place muffin pans in a shallow pan; add boiling water to shallow pan to depth of 1/2 inch. Bake in a 375-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove muffin pans from water; cool on wire rack.
- To unmold candies, first loosen edges with spatula or knife.
- Invert onto wire racks, tapping bottom of cups. Cool.
- Cover and chill to store.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More