- Cooking Time: 30 - 32
- Servings: many :)
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ⅓ cup water
- 8 ½ ounces cream of coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 ½ ounces white cake mix
- Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces confectioner's sugar sifted
- 7 ounces sweetened coconut flakes
- Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add sour cream, 1/3 cup water, and next 2 ingredients, beating well after each addition. Add cake mix, beating at low speed just until blended. Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack. Cover pan with plastic wrap, and freeze cake 30 minutes. Remove from freezer.
- Spread Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting on top of chilled cake. Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Note: If desired, cake can be baked in 1 greased and floured 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 15 servings.
- For frosting beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add milk and vanilla, beating well. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Stir in coconut. Julie Stein, Birmingham, Alabama
NotesI took this cake to a class reunion planning date and everyone loved it. It was in Southern Living (Jun p. 143) magazine. If you like coconut this is absolutely wonderful. By Julie Stein, Birmingham, AL
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Lau Family Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More