- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1 3/4 cups AP-Flour
- 1 cup Angel flaked Coconut
- Cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy
- Add Vanilla and Coconut extract and mix till combined
- Add flour knead by hand
- Knead in coconut
- You have 3 options at this point:
- - Refrigerate dough for 2 hours then roll out on a floured board and cut with cookie cutters.
- - Wrap in wax paper and roll into a cylinder, place in the freezer for 1 hour and slice into 1/4 inch rounds (This is my preferred way)
- - Press the dough into a shorbread mold and chill for 1/2 hour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with Reynolds parchment for 25 minutes. (If you used a mold, check with the manufacturers directions for baking times, I have personally never used one.)
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
- These will also Freeze very well if wrapped tightly to protect from moisture, for about 1 month.
- I make my Christmas shortbreads before Thanksgiving and keep them frozen until needed in December.
NotesMy mom use to make these when I was younger. I usually skip the Vanilla and Coconut extracts (Cause most coconut extract seems to be imitation) Instead I use 1 TB Malibu Coconut Rum. I just made these (Pictured) and instead of the malibu, I used 1/4 tsp Lime Oil and 1/4 tsp Fresh Lime zest along with the 1/2 tsp Vanilla... Delicious Coconut/Lime shortbreads.... I would also say that they would be just as good with lemon, especially if 1 side were dipped in White Chocolate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More