- Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake (optional)
- 24 large shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together egg whites, 1/2 cup flour, beer, baking powder and salt.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup flour in a dish.
- Place coconut and red pepper flakes (if using) in another dish.
- Holding shrimp by their tails, dredge each one in flour, shake off any excess.
- Dip flour coated shrimp into egg batter.
- Roll shrimp in coconut to coat both sides (press to make it stick).
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray, place shrimp on it.
- Bake until coconut is golden brown, and shrimp are pink, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More