- Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake (optional)
- 24 large shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together egg whites, 1/2 cup flour, beer, baking powder and salt.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup flour in a dish.
- Place coconut and red pepper flakes (if using) in another dish.
- Holding shrimp by their tails, dredge each one in flour, shake off any excess.
- Dip flour coated shrimp into egg batter.
- Roll shrimp in coconut to coat both sides (press to make it stick).
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray, place shrimp on it.
- Bake until coconut is golden brown, and shrimp are pink, about 10 to 12 minutes.