- Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake (optional)
- 24 large shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together egg whites, 1/2 cup flour, beer, baking powder and salt.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup flour in a dish.
- Place coconut and red pepper flakes (if using) in another dish.
- Holding shrimp by their tails, dredge each one in flour, shake off any excess.
- Dip flour coated shrimp into egg batter.
- Roll shrimp in coconut to coat both sides (press to make it stick).
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray, place shrimp on it.
- Bake until coconut is golden brown, and shrimp are pink, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More