- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 4 hours + chilling
- * 4 cups flaked coconut, coarsely chopped
- * 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- * 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- * 1/4 cup butter, softened
- * 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
- * 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) milk chocolate chips
- * 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) large marshmallows
- * Black, orange and red decorator icing
- * Green leaf-shaped decorator candies
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, milk and butter. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and chill for 1-1/4 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt white or vanilla chips at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip balls in melted chips; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes. Set aside remaining melted vanilla chips.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chips on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- For hats, dip each marshmallow in chocolate; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess to drip down. Swirl the marshmallows in chocolate on waxed paper to create hat brims. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Level the top of coated coconut balls. Attach marshmallows hats, using reserved melted vanilla chips. With black icing, add eyes and a mouth to each face; with orange icing, add a nose. Use red icing and leaf candies for holly on hats. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Christmas CookiesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More