* 4 cups flaked coconut, coarsely chopped
* 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
* 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) milk chocolate chips
* 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) large marshmallows
* Black, orange and red decorator icing
* Green leaf-shaped decorator candies
In a large bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, milk and butter. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and chill for 1-1/4 hours or until firm.
In a microwave, melt white or vanilla chips at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Dip balls in melted chips; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes. Set aside remaining melted vanilla chips.
In a microwave, melt semisweet chips on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
For hats, dip each marshmallow in chocolate; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess to drip down. Swirl the marshmallows in chocolate on waxed paper to create hat brims. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
Level the top of coated coconut balls. Attach marshmallows hats, using reserved melted vanilla chips. With black icing, add eyes and a mouth to each face; with orange icing, add a nose. Use red icing and leaf candies for holly on hats. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.