- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh coconut, shredded
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk, well stirred
- 1/4 cup club soda or more if necessary
- In a bowl stir together cornstarch, flour, coconut and salt. Whisk in whites, coconut milk, and 1/4 cup club soda until combined well. (Add additional club soda if batter is too thick to coat a spoon without clumping)
- In a 3-quart saucepan yeat 2 inches of oil until deep fat thermometer registers 350 degrees. Working in batches of 4, dip shrimp in batter and fry until golden, about 3 minutes, transferring to brown paper or paper towels to drain.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce