- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can regular or reduced fat coconut milk (14 oz.), divided
- 1 ½ Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp packed brown sugar
- Approx 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1 lb medium shrimp (shelled and devained)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Heat ½ cup coconut milk in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Stir in curry continue pressing and stirring until well incorporated for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining coconut milk, broth, fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Stir in pineapple chunks and bring mixture to a gentle boil.
- Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes or until pink. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Serve over rice
NotesThis is a recipe inspired by something I saw in a cooking magazine and has become one of our favorite dishes to serve dinner guests (with Chicken Pad Thai as a first course). The soup/sauce is what packs the spicy punch so if you don’t want as much heat, just spoon the solids over your rice without the ladle full of sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More