- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-15 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ butternut squash (about 2 ½ cup) peeled and sliced up
- 1 tsp. Fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- Heat oven 350 degrees
- Bake butternut squash, 30 minutes or until tender. Let cool. In a food processor place 1 cup chicken broth and butternut. Puree the broth and squash; until creamy.
- Place a medium stock pot on medium heat; add 2 cups of chicken stock. Do not bring to a boil, just allow to heat. In a large skillet on medium heat add 3 tbsp. olive oil. Allow to heat and add chopped onions and minced garlic and sauté, but do not brown. Just allow to cook and sock up oil flavor. Pour sauté and oil mix into stock pot. With the last cup of chicken broth, with one hand pour into frying pan while holding it by the handle with other hand. Swirl frying pan gently; add to stock pot.
- Add coconut milk to broth and stir until incorporated. Next add diced celery to broth and stir. Spoon in pumpkin and butternut squashes, mix till well incorporated. Lastly add ginger and stir in. If desired, add salt.
- Allow to simmer on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, chopped chives and shredded coconut (all optional)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More