- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe comes from Bev Shaffer's Book Brownies to Die for. They are very good. My son who does not like coconut all that much really likes them.
- Brownies Base:
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Coconut-cluster topping:
- 2 cups sweetened toasted coconut
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 15x10x1" baking pan.
- for Brownie base: In medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, blending well.
- Add flour and cocoa; mix well. Spread this mixture into prepared pan.
- For Coconut-cluster topping: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or unti cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. (The topping should be golden).
- Cool pan completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.