- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Brownies Base:
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Coconut-cluster topping:
- 2 cups sweetened toasted coconut
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 15x10x1" baking pan.
- for Brownie base: In medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, blending well.
- Add flour and cocoa; mix well. Spread this mixture into prepared pan.
- For Coconut-cluster topping: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or unti cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. (The topping should be golden).
- Cool pan completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
NotesThis recipe comes from Bev Shaffer's Book Brownies to Die for. They are very good. My son who does not like coconut all that much really likes them.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
MidLife Road Trip's
culinary karmaSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More