- Cooking Time: 55
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup crisco (no other)
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- Cream sugar, crisco together add eggs one at a time
- and beat well.
- Add flour,baking powder and salt.
- Add milk mix well, stir in coconut and coconut flavoring, again mixing well.
- Bake in a greased and floured tube pan at 350 for about 55 minutes
- Boil water and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add coconut flavoring and spoon on cake while both are still warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More