- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs cod fillets, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 5 large celery ribs, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 large leeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thoroughly washed
- 1/2 cup jumbo Greek-style green olives (about 10), pitted and quartered
- 2 tbsp dark raisins
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 - Rinse fillets with cold water and blot dry with paper towel. Cut fillets into 3-inch strips. Set aside.
- 2 - Drizzle 4 tbsp olive oil in bottom of 6-quart Dutch oven. Place onion in a single layer in pan. Arrange celery in a single layer on top of onion. Place sliced potatoes on top and sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Arrange leeks in a single layer over potatoes. Place cod fillets in a single layer on top of leeks. Sprinkle olives between pieces of fish. Scatter raisins and pine nuts on top of fish and season with remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining 2 tbsp olive oil over fish and add water.
- 3 - Cover pan and cook over medium-low heat, basting frequently with cooking liquid, until potatoes are cooked, about 30 to 40 minutes. Check cooking liquid frequently; if needed add a few more tbsp of water to keep mixture moist.
- 4 - To serve, use 2 large serving spoons to carefully lift each portion into individual bowls. Spoon a little of the pan juices on top and serve immediately
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More