- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs cod fillets, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 5 large celery ribs, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 large leeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thoroughly washed
- 1/2 cup jumbo Greek-style green olives (about 10), pitted and quartered
- 2 tbsp dark raisins
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 - Rinse fillets with cold water and blot dry with paper towel. Cut fillets into 3-inch strips. Set aside.
- 2 - Drizzle 4 tbsp olive oil in bottom of 6-quart Dutch oven. Place onion in a single layer in pan. Arrange celery in a single layer on top of onion. Place sliced potatoes on top and sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Arrange leeks in a single layer over potatoes. Place cod fillets in a single layer on top of leeks. Sprinkle olives between pieces of fish. Scatter raisins and pine nuts on top of fish and season with remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining 2 tbsp olive oil over fish and add water.
- 3 - Cover pan and cook over medium-low heat, basting frequently with cooking liquid, until potatoes are cooked, about 30 to 40 minutes. Check cooking liquid frequently; if needed add a few more tbsp of water to keep mixture moist.
- 4 - To serve, use 2 large serving spoons to carefully lift each portion into individual bowls. Spoon a little of the pan juices on top and serve immediately
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More