- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3/4 pound cottage cheese
- 8 ozs cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- 1 qt fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs Pear William brandy
- 3-cup heart mold or a 3.5-inch wicker basket
- 1 cheesecloth
- Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla bean. Whip the cream and fold it into the cheese mixture.
- Line a 3-cup heart mold with cheesecloth, letting the cloth hang over the edges. Spoon the mixture into the lined mold; fold the cheesecloth over the top and put the mold on a tray in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the strawberry sauce, mash the strawberries. Add the sugar. Cook on low heat until soft. Press through a fine sieve, add brandy, and chill.
- To serve, unfold cheesecloth and invert mold on a serving plate. Remove cheesecloth. Drizzle Somebody's Mother's Caramel Sauce generously over the top and garnish with strawberries. Serve with strawberry sauce and scones.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More