- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Preparation Time:
- Brownie Base:
- 8 Tbsp. butter, cut up (salted)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- (I used semi-sweet chips)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tsp. instant coffee granules
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour 8" square baking pan
- For Brownie Base: Place butter and Chocolate in sauce pan.
- When butter and chocolate start to melt remove from heat and stir until chocolate is melted and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl of mixer.
- Beat eggs until lightened add sugar gradually. Beat in vanilla.
- Add chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour and baking soda together in separate bowl, then add to batter.
- Stir until incorporated. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Rap pan to get air bubbles out.
- Bake brownie layer for 20 to 25 minutes or until they smell done.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- For fudgier brownies, "quick cool" in a pan of ice water.
- When brownies are cool, prepare filling.
- In small cup, stir together cream and coffee to dissolve coffee.
- In a mixing bowl of your mixer stir together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add cream/coffee mixture and mix well, then beat until fluffy.
- If necessary, add little more cream.
- Spread this over the cooled brownies and chill for about half and hour.
- Make chocolate topping:
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and whipping cream and butter in sauce pan.
- When butter is melted and chocolate is starting to melt remove from heat and stir until melted.
- Let cool.
- Once set spread over cream filling.
- Chill once again for about 30 minutes.
- Then cut into bars.
- Store in air tight container.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
NFPG Recipe Collection
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More