- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Preparation Time:
- Brownie Base:
- 8 Tbsp. butter, cut up (salted)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- (I used semi-sweet chips)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tsp. instant coffee granules
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour 8" square baking pan
- For Brownie Base: Place butter and Chocolate in sauce pan.
- When butter and chocolate start to melt remove from heat and stir until chocolate is melted and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl of mixer.
- Beat eggs until lightened add sugar gradually. Beat in vanilla.
- Add chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour and baking soda together in separate bowl, then add to batter.
- Stir until incorporated. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Rap pan to get air bubbles out.
- Bake brownie layer for 20 to 25 minutes or until they smell done.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- For fudgier brownies, "quick cool" in a pan of ice water.
- When brownies are cool, prepare filling.
- In small cup, stir together cream and coffee to dissolve coffee.
- In a mixing bowl of your mixer stir together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add cream/coffee mixture and mix well, then beat until fluffy.
- If necessary, add little more cream.
- Spread this over the cooled brownies and chill for about half and hour.
- Make chocolate topping:
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and whipping cream and butter in sauce pan.
- When butter is melted and chocolate is starting to melt remove from heat and stir until melted.
- Let cool.
- Once set spread over cream filling.
- Chill once again for about 30 minutes.
- Then cut into bars.
- Store in air tight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More