- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is an unbelievably good dessert, perfect for any occasion. The texture is similar to a perfect brownie; rich and chewy, not too sweet and not too cakey. The flecks of chocolate and the luxurious almond flavor make this a favorite.
- 3 ounces of semi sweet quality chocolate, rough chopped and chilled for at
- least 1 hour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, preferably European style
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp instant espresso, dissolved in 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
- Mocha Cream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350*f
- Using a pastry brush, butter the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9" round cake pan. Line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in the food processor and grind (use pulse option) until fine, but do not let it begin to melt. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the processor, process butter, almond paste and sugar until smooth and well combined. Add the egg and process until combined. Add in espresso/milk mixture, vanilla, and slat, then process a few seconds. Add flour and pulse
- until smooth.
- Add batter (it will be quite thick) to the chocolate and then add in the almonds. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate and nuts are evenly distributed.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. It should be dry on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out slightly sticky, but not wet.
50 Shades of Taste
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More