- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ounces of semi sweet quality chocolate, rough chopped and chilled for at
- least 1 hour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, preferably European style
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp instant espresso, dissolved in 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
- Mocha Cream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350*f
- Using a pastry brush, butter the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9" round cake pan. Line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in the food processor and grind (use pulse option) until fine, but do not let it begin to melt. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the processor, process butter, almond paste and sugar until smooth and well combined. Add the egg and process until combined. Add in espresso/milk mixture, vanilla, and slat, then process a few seconds. Add flour and pulse
- until smooth.
- Add batter (it will be quite thick) to the chocolate and then add in the almonds. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate and nuts are evenly distributed.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. It should be dry on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out slightly sticky, but not wet.
NotesThis is an unbelievably good dessert, perfect for any occasion. The texture is similar to a perfect brownie; rich and chewy, not too sweet and not too cakey. The flecks of chocolate and the luxurious almond flavor make this a favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More