- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAs my cajun friends say, "Talk about!" These are very decadent and you really must love coffee to enjoy them. Add a glass of champagne and some raspberry or strawberry sauce for dipping and let the romance commence!
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 40 whole coffee beans
- 1/2 cup finely ground coffee beans
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in butter, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Add egg yolks, rum and heavy cream, beat until smooth.
- Cover and chill until thickened to dough consistency.
- Take 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture at a time and roll into 1-inch ball.
- Push 1 coffee bean into center, using a toothpick.
- Fill in hole with chocolate.
- Sift together ground coffee beans and cocoa powder onto a plate.
- Roll each chocolate covered coffee bean in the cocoa powder mixture.