- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 40 whole coffee beans
- 1/2 cup finely ground coffee beans
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in butter, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Add egg yolks, rum and heavy cream, beat until smooth.
- Cover and chill until thickened to dough consistency.
- Take 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture at a time and roll into 1-inch ball.
- Push 1 coffee bean into center, using a toothpick.
- Fill in hole with chocolate.
- Sift together ground coffee beans and cocoa powder onto a plate.
- Roll each chocolate covered coffee bean in the cocoa powder mixture.
NotesAs my cajun friends say, "Talk about!" These are very decadent and you really must love coffee to enjoy them. Add a glass of champagne and some raspberry or strawberry sauce for dipping and let the romance commence!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More