- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- For Muffins:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature plus more for pans
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled) plus more for pans (I used Pam for Baking)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Confectioner's sugar, optional
- Prepare streusel topping: In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and salt. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles large coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare muffins: Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a jumbo 12 cup muffin tin (or two 6 cup muffin tins). In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined. With mixer on low, beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Divide half the batter among prepared muffin cups. Top with half the streusel mixture, then remaining batter and top with streusel. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
from Everyday Baking from Everyday Food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More