- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- For Muffins:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature plus more for pans
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled) plus more for pans (I used Pam for Baking)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Confectioner's sugar, optional
- Prepare streusel topping: In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and salt. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles large coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare muffins: Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a jumbo 12 cup muffin tin (or two 6 cup muffin tins). In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined. With mixer on low, beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Divide half the batter among prepared muffin cups. Top with half the streusel mixture, then remaining batter and top with streusel. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
from Everyday Baking from Everyday Food.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Ro-tel Rice Casserole
herby lamb chops with roast vegetablesSee More