- Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine (I used butter)
- 3 Tbsp. walnuts or pecans, chopped (I used pecans)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (I used butter)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (I did the milk with lemon juice substitution)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- For topping, in a small bowl, stir together the 3 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and the 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cut in the 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in nuts; set topping aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the 1 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt; cut in the 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, combine egg and buttermilk; Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one-third full.
- Top with half of the topping, the remaining batter, and the remaining topping.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
NotesThis muffin recipe comes from 'Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, 12th Edition.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Taste of CenturyLink
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More