- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine oil, sugar, and brown sugar on low.
- Beat in eggs and yolk, one at a time.
- Add half the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream (or yogurt) and almond and vanilla extracts; mix in sour-cream mixture, then add remaining flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- Spread half of the batter (it will be very thick) over bottom of pan.
- Cover with half of the crumb mixture and all of the cherries. Carefully spread remaining batter, then cover with remaining crumb and top with almonds.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve while still slightly warm.
- Cake may be made one day ahead. If so, cool thoroughly, wrap in plastic, and store at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More