- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 5 TB cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 baked pastry shell
- Whipped cream
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Heat milk and coffee together.
- Add to cornstarch mixture gradually, stirring constantly.
- Cook over boiling water until thick and smooth, stirring frequently (about 15 min.)
- Pour part of mixture over egg, blending throughly.
- Return to double boiler and cook 2 min. longer. Cool add vanilla. Turn into pastry shell.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Makes 1 (9 in. ) pie.
NotesAn old recipe....from 1940 Culinary Arts Institute. I have not made this, but plan on it....I like coffee (and it said "make me"). (LoL)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
My Family CookbookSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More