- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 5 TB cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 baked pastry shell
- Whipped cream
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Heat milk and coffee together.
- Add to cornstarch mixture gradually, stirring constantly.
- Cook over boiling water until thick and smooth, stirring frequently (about 15 min.)
- Pour part of mixture over egg, blending throughly.
- Return to double boiler and cook 2 min. longer. Cool add vanilla. Turn into pastry shell.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Makes 1 (9 in. ) pie.
NotesAn old recipe....from 1940 Culinary Arts Institute. I have not made this, but plan on it....I like coffee (and it said "make me"). (LoL)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More