- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 5 TB cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 baked pastry shell
- Whipped cream
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Heat milk and coffee together.
- Add to cornstarch mixture gradually, stirring constantly.
- Cook over boiling water until thick and smooth, stirring frequently (about 15 min.)
- Pour part of mixture over egg, blending throughly.
- Return to double boiler and cook 2 min. longer. Cool add vanilla. Turn into pastry shell.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Makes 1 (9 in. ) pie.
NotesAn old recipe....from 1940 Culinary Arts Institute. I have not made this, but plan on it....I like coffee (and it said "make me"). (LoL)
Italy or Bust
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More