- Cooking Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Servings: 36 cookies
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and butter.
- Dissolve coffee granules or powder in hot water; blend coffee into creamed mixture
- Add egg, mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut and sifted dry ingredients, until just mixed.
- Drop dough but rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
NotesI was looking for a cookie that has coffee in it. This one sounded interesting. It is a nice light cookie with a nice crunch to it. It is on Southernfood blog. I will make them again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More