- Cooking Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Servings: 36 cookies
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and butter.
- Dissolve coffee granules or powder in hot water; blend coffee into creamed mixture
- Add egg, mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut and sifted dry ingredients, until just mixed.
- Drop dough but rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
NotesI was looking for a cookie that has coffee in it. This one sounded interesting. It is a nice light cookie with a nice crunch to it. It is on Southernfood blog. I will make them again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Austin Personal Training Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More