COFFEE POT ROAST - THIS IS A GREAT USE FOR THE END OF A BAG OF COFFEE BEANS!
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- The Rub
- 1/3 cup 60 grams ground coffee
- 1/3 cup 60 grams brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. 20 grams kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. 20 grams black pepper
- 1 tbsp. 20 grams fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. 12 grams fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup 60 mL olive oil
- Balsamic Reduction Glaze
- 1/2 cup 120 mL Stout or porter beer
- 1/2 cup 120 mL balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. 11 grams brown sugar
- Mix all together and cook in an open saucepan on low heat until reduced by half (usually about 30 minutes).
- Combine coffee, brown sugar, salt, pepper, rosemary, and fennel seeds in a small bowl. Brush olive oil on all sides of the roast before robbing with the spice mixture.
- Now cook about 45 minutes total by searing each side face down in a cast iron frying pan with either a little coconut oil or bacon grease. You could also grill it or bake at 350 degrees. Cook to desired rarity.
- Please try with the balsamic reduction glaze.
NotesThis rub is good for a 4-5 lb. ~ 2 kilo roast. You can use half for a smaller roast and save the rest of the mixture for later. (It will most likely be sooner than later, because it tastes so good).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More