- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAfter much searching and testing for the perfect Coffee Rub, I found this one. This is THE ONE and I recommend it to everyone. It is great on pork, beef, and even burgers. It is super wine-friendly, I recommend a nice bottle of Malbec.
- 1 Tbs very finely ground coffee beans (preferably French roast)
- 2 tsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 - 1-lb pork tenderloins, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee, brown sugar, chili powder, and 2 tsp salt. Add the olive oil and mix well. Rub the mixture evenly over the pork and set aside.
- Prepare a medium-high gas or charcoal grill for indirect cooking.
- Put the tenderloins on the hot side of the grill, cover, and cook, flipping once, until grill marks form on 2 sides, about 4 minutes per side. Move the tenderloins to the cooler side of the grill and continue to cook, covered, until the temperature of the pork reaches 140 deg F to 145 deg F, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve.