- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- offee Infused Panna Cotta Ingredients (makes 6 serves)
- 1/4 cup roasted coffee beans, broken into smaller pieces
- 3 1/4 cups thickened cream (use double cream if you don’t mind the heart-attack richness)
- 2 1/2 tbsp unflavoured gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- Pour the roughly chopped coffee beans and the cream into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil while constantly stirring. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat off and leave to infuse for 20 minutes, giving it the occasional stir.
- While the cream is infusing, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold milk in a small bowl and set aside for it to soften.
- Once the cream has steeped, strain out the nibs, pressing lightly to extract all the liquid. Discard the nibs and return the cream to the saucepan and stir in the sugar. Bring the cream to a simmer.
- Pour simmered cream into a large heatproof bowl, then slowly add the milk while constantly stirring, then add the salt. Set the bowl of cream over a bowl of ice and stir continuously till the mixture is lukewarm and has thickened.
- Divide evenly between six 1/2-cup ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours
NotesThis recipe was adapted from an Alice Medrich one that I found far far far too rich! It's still too rich for everyday consumption, but makes a wonderfully impressive dessert to serve at a dinner party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More