- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 6 tablespoons French dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground sirlion
- 1 pound bacon, fried and drain on paper towels
- hamburger buns
- toppings of your choice (I used American cheese, onion, pickle)
- Combine the egg, 1/4 cup cola, crackers, 2 tablespoons dressing, cheese, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add the beef and mix well.
- Shape into six patties. (See my note below about the teaspoon in the middle trick and freezing them 15 minutes at this point)
- In a skillet, fry bacon, drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining cola and dressing.
- Grill patties, uncovered, for 3 minutes a side.
- Brush with cola mixture.
- Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear and continue basting and turning as needed.
- Serve on buns.
NotesWhat a delicious burger! Very moist and flavorful! Had a great glaze to the outside and juicy on the inside! DH and I were watching something on one of the food channels and they were talking about making the perfect burger and boy were they right! Once you form your patties, take the back side of a teaspoon and mash the meat down in the center forming a bowl like shape! Place the patties side by side on a plate and place in the freezer, 15 minutes! This will hold the patties in place on the grill without falling apart since it is a very moist burger and the teaspoon trick will keep your burgers in a perfect shape! It worked great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More