- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryMother made this cold, refreshing soup on hot summer days...
- 1 can julienned beets, drained
- 1-2 cucumbers, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. sugar, more or less to taste
- 1 qt. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed or fresh
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl, except eggs and ice cubes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Add ice cubes and chopped egg for garnish. Serve ice cold.