- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 (not inc overnite)
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup Bordeaux wine
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Slice tops of strawberries off and wash, reserving 6 for garnish.
- Place into pot with water, sugar and Bordeaux wine.
- After it begins to cook, add lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Bring to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cool overnight.
- Beat heavy cream to a peak.
- Add sour cream and blend.
- Prior to service, blend into base.
- Garnish with strawberry fan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Jean’s Recipe File
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More