- Cooking Time: 17
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (about 14 oz.)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Peanuts (for garnish)
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place 4 chicken thighs skin-up in a baking dish. Season with salt & pepper. Chop up the celery, onion, and garlic. Heat coconut oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and add the celery and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 2 more minutes, then add the curry, chili powder, and paprika. Stir in the spices and add the can of tomatoes. Simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Pour the sauce over the chicken, covering all the sides. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve each chicken thigh with an extra scoop of sauce on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of peanuts.
- Tip: If you have the funds, buy organic chicken.
NotesCurry contains a healthy dose of turmeric, the warm yellow spice giving it a bright yellow color and anti-inflammatory benefits for the body. Turmeric has been used for ages as a natural healer, and experts often recommend it to keep your brain healthy and help avoid diseases such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and cancer. My mom keeps pure turmeric in a salt shaker and shakes it on foods on a daily basis. If you love curry like we do, this is a great healthy habit to keep in the winter and all year round.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More