- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb pasta - A short pasta like penne, rigatoni or cavatappi
- 8 ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 garlic cloves - chopped fine
- 1/4 Ricotta salata cheese (available in Italian delis and some gourmet stores and supermarkets).
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice tomatoes into slivers -- 4-8 slivers depending on the size of your tomatoes.
- Slice the pepper into slivers and cut the slivers in half.
- Put tomatoe and pepper slivers into a bowl and drizzle about 1/4 cup of olive oil over them.
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and toss to mix.
- Set aside to marinate at least 1/2 hour.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Toss the tomatoe/pepper/garlic mixture together with the pasta.
- Grate the ricotta salata cheese over the pasta. It will come apart in large chunks. This is fine.
- Chop the pasley and toss with the pasta as well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.
- This is another dish that gets better as it sits.
NotesThis is a recipe a friend's mother shared with me. She makes this in the summer time as a main dish or a side dish. It's both tasty and colorful. It calls for yellow peppers, but you can use red or green.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More