- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb pasta - A short pasta like penne, rigatoni or cavatappi
- 8 ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 garlic cloves - chopped fine
- 1/4 Ricotta salata cheese (available in Italian delis and some gourmet stores and supermarkets).
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice tomatoes into slivers -- 4-8 slivers depending on the size of your tomatoes.
- Slice the pepper into slivers and cut the slivers in half.
- Put tomatoe and pepper slivers into a bowl and drizzle about 1/4 cup of olive oil over them.
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and toss to mix.
- Set aside to marinate at least 1/2 hour.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Toss the tomatoe/pepper/garlic mixture together with the pasta.
- Grate the ricotta salata cheese over the pasta. It will come apart in large chunks. This is fine.
- Chop the pasley and toss with the pasta as well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.
- This is another dish that gets better as it sits.
NotesThis is a recipe a friend's mother shared with me. She makes this in the summer time as a main dish or a side dish. It's both tasty and colorful. It calls for yellow peppers, but you can use red or green.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More