- Cooking Time: -
- Servings: 1 large (2 small drinks)
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Tbls golden flax seed ground up in a spice or coffee grinder
- 1 cup packed, chopped kale, remove the hard stems before shopping
- 1 cup chopped up pineapple, plus a little juice
- 1 banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender, and blend then enjoy!
- Chill all the ingredient first rather then chill the smoothie and then drink it.
NotesA tasty recipe from a teen whose family gets our CSA box. "Inspired by an article about kale in Canadian Gardening, a teen out of her CSA family box, started to make these every day before school. Yum and good for the body and brain!", wrote her mom when she shared this tasty recipe! It is really important that the pineapple and the almond milk be cold when you make it.
For a ideas on variations for the same drink, check out: http://joythebaker.com/2013/04/kale-blackberry-beet-almond-milk-smoothies/