- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- Salad oil
- 1 carrot, small to medium dice
- 2 stalks celery, small to medium dice
- 1 medium onion, small to medium dice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 slices bread
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized saute pan, put 2 dribbles of salad oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onions and saute, about 5 minutes. Put aside and let cool.
- In large bowl put the carrot mixture, ground beef and remaining ingredients, except for the bread, the bread crumbs and ketchup.
- Soak the bread in cold water, then squeeze water out (like a sponge) and drain it. Add to the ground beef and mix. (A stand mixer is may help make it easier). Add the bread crumbs and mix.
- Roll into firm loaf, spread ketchup over the top, and place into preheated oven for approximately 45 to 55 minutes, or until cooked through. Take out and serve hot.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More