- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- Salad oil
- 1 carrot, small to medium dice
- 2 stalks celery, small to medium dice
- 1 medium onion, small to medium dice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 slices bread
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized saute pan, put 2 dribbles of salad oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onions and saute, about 5 minutes. Put aside and let cool.
- In large bowl put the carrot mixture, ground beef and remaining ingredients, except for the bread, the bread crumbs and ketchup.
- Soak the bread in cold water, then squeeze water out (like a sponge) and drain it. Add to the ground beef and mix. (A stand mixer is may help make it easier). Add the bread crumbs and mix.
- Roll into firm loaf, spread ketchup over the top, and place into preheated oven for approximately 45 to 55 minutes, or until cooked through. Take out and serve hot.