- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- a sheet of puff pastry (or paté brisèe)
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 3 eggs
- 50 g ham (or pancetta)
- 100 g mozzarella (or provolone cheese)
- 6 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Wash and clean the vegetables. Grate the zucchini (save a few slices for decorating), slice thinly the onion, and cut finely the pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, grated Parmigiano, chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper to your taste. Add the vegetables and mix well with a fork.
- Line a 20-22 cm tart pan with puff pastry (or patè brisèe), sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the bottom.
- Put the diced ham (or pancetta) and mozzarella (or Provola).
- Pour the eggs and vegetables mixure on top.
- Decorate with a few slices of zucchini and peppers.
- Bake it in an oven preheated to 180°C (350F) for 25-30 minutes. Let it rest a few minutes before serving.
NotesPerfect for this time of the year, with all the beautiful vegetables in season. And if you are using storebought puff pastry of patè brisée, very quick to prepare as well.
Omit ham/pancetta and you'll have equally nice ovo/lacto vegetarian dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More