- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- a sheet of puff pastry (or paté brisèe)
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 3 eggs
- 50 g ham (or pancetta)
- 100 g mozzarella (or provolone cheese)
- 6 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Wash and clean the vegetables. Grate the zucchini (save a few slices for decorating), slice thinly the onion, and cut finely the pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, grated Parmigiano, chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper to your taste. Add the vegetables and mix well with a fork.
- Line a 20-22 cm tart pan with puff pastry (or patè brisèe), sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the bottom.
- Put the diced ham (or pancetta) and mozzarella (or Provola).
- Pour the eggs and vegetables mixure on top.
- Decorate with a few slices of zucchini and peppers.
- Bake it in an oven preheated to 180°C (350F) for 25-30 minutes. Let it rest a few minutes before serving.
NotesPerfect for this time of the year, with all the beautiful vegetables in season. And if you are using storebought puff pastry of patè brisée, very quick to prepare as well.
Omit ham/pancetta and you'll have equally nice ovo/lacto vegetarian dish.
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More