- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
BackstoryThis is my favorite Summer salad. It is fresh, raw, simple, quick, easy, nutritious, satisfying, refreshing and absolutely delicious! This simple slaw is a good balance of vegetables for me. But you could really add anything you wanted. Spinach and rocket work well. I just love the nutritional density and texture of kale. You could just toss these vegetables with a generous amount of olive oil, lemon juice and Celtic sea salt if you need to make this recipe nut-free. But I really love the depth of flavor the cashews add.
- 1/2 organic red cabbage
- 1/2 organic white cabbage
- 2 bunches continental flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch organic kale
- 2 – 4 organic carrots
- 8 – 12 green spring onions
- 1 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked for about 4 hours
- 1/8 cup of fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- a pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Chop up the vegetables individually in your food processor and toss in a salad bowl.
- Blend the dressing in your high speed blender and toss through the vegetables.
- Add in more lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt to taste to reach your perfect blend.
- Serve on its own, or serve with boiled organic eggs or other clean protein.
- This salad will keep for a few days in the fridge.