- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my mom's recipe and I love it, especially during these cold winter days. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! The beer really gives the chicken a rich flavor, I usually use a full bodied beer, not light when I am cooking.
- 1 pound of chicken, I prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12oz of your favorite beer or chicken broth
- 1 large onion, sliced thin*
- Lawry's seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- 1 box/bag of Noodles of your choice, I like penne for this dish
- 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- Using a large stock pot over medium to low heat place chicken seasoned with Lawry's, salt, pepper and garlic powder, onions and beer into pan. Add more water or chicken stock to cover chicken. Cover with lid and simmer for 1.5-2 hours, until chicken is falling apart. Take out chicken to shredd and return to pot, add noodles. Add more liquid at this stage if you need to for noodles, cook until noodles are done, add cream of chicken soup. Stir well. Enjoy!
- *If you don't like onions, use onion powder. My mom takes out the onion, I leave it in.