- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 5 carrots sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can green beans
- 2 cups baby spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 3 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup small pasta (I used elbow macaroni)
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a large stock pot, over medium-low, heat coconut oil and saute garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion and saute for 4-5. Add celery and carrots. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth (or chicken, if you prefer), water, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and add kidney beans, greens beans, spinach leaves, zucchini, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes - the longer the better.
- While your soup is simmering, fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add your pasta and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Once the soup is heated through and you are ready to serve, be sure to remove the bay leaf. Place a bit of cooked pasta into individual serving bowls and ladle soup on top of pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce