- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 10-ish
- Preparation Time: 1/2 hour
- 2 cans of low salt black beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1/2 C corn
- 12 ox low salt salsa
- 1C organic non-fat yogurt of fat free sour cream
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 C low fat/no fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Mix the 2 cans of beans with the chopped onion. SPread in a 2 quart pyrex dish. Then, mix the avocado, corn and salsa in a loarge bowl. Mix well and spread over beans and onions. In another bowl, mix the yogurt/sour cream and all the spices. Spread over avocado/salsa. Lastly, sprinkle the top with shredded cheese and tomatoes.
- You can also cheat a bit and use a package of taco seasonings instead of the separate spices, but I find they're often high in sodium and have lots of chemicals I can't pronounce!
- Enjoy and happy Cinco de Mayo!
NotesI originally got this recipe from a Latin friend of mine in Colorado. I just substituted all low/no fat ingredients (except, of course for the avocado) and got a great healthy dip that guests can't get enough of! I serve it with sliced red and green pepper, cucumbers and carrots instead of fattening chips.
This is one of the recipes in my new funny, healthy cookbook, "Does This Cookbook Make Me Look Fat? Available on Amazon.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More