CONCHIGLI ALL’ARRABBIATA FARCITO CON CARCIOFO Y POLLAME
- 3 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 LB Ground Chicken (You can use Turkey of Pork too, They have mild enough flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, plus more for sautéed meat
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper, Plus more for sautéed meat
- 10oz pkg Frozen Artichoke Hearts, Coarse chopped (Only seen them at Trader Joe's)
- 15oz of Ricotta or Cottage Cheese (Full fat though)
- 3/4 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- 2 lightly beaten Eggs
- 1/4 cup Basil, Chopped
- 2 TB Italian parsley, Chopped
- Arrabbiata Sauce:
- 5 cups of Slow Cooked Tomato Sauce (See Recipe)
- 4 oz Pancetta, Diced
- 1 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 2 cups Dry Mozzarella, Grated
- 1-12 oz box of Jumbo Shells
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat
In the mean time:
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent and garlic begins to brown.
Add ground poultry fo your choice with a little salt and pepper, cook stirring occasionally until browned.
Add artichoke hearts and stir to combine.
Remove from heat and make Arrabbiata while this cools
Heat olive oil in a small pot over medium heat.
Add Pancetta and sauté until golden.
Add Garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes longer.
Add Slow cooked tomato sauce and red pepper flakes.
Bring Sauce to a simmer for about 10 minutes
The Pasta Water should be boiling by now, so salt water liberally and Drop Shells.
Cook Pasta for 8-10 minutes(You don't want to cook pasta to al dente), stirring occasionally to prevent sticking while the Arrabbiata is simmering.
(This allows for maximum yield of intact shells upon draining, I wasn't paying attention one time and had to boil up another box just because too many stuck to the kettle and ripped while draining)
Remove the Arrabbiata from heat and cool until ready for use.
Pasta should be done, drain and move whole shells to a piece of wax paper to cool until able to handle.
Meat mixture should be fairly cool, so continue by:
Combining the poultry mixture in a large bowl with Ricotta, Pecorino, Eggs, Basil, Parsley, Salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Utilize a 9x13 baking dish.
Pour 3/4 cup Arrabbiata sauce into baking dish to coat the bottom.
Take a shell in your palm, and stuff with about 1 1/2 – 2 TB of the meat mixture.
Place the stuffed shell in the baking dish and continue stuffing more shells until dish is full or you run out of shells, about 20-24.
Cover stuffed shells with remaining Arrabbiata sauce (There may be a little left over, depending on how full your baking dish is)
Sprinkle with Grated Mozzarella.
Bake in oven for about 20 minutes – The cheese will begin to brown.