- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 LB Ground Chicken (You can use Turkey of Pork too, They have mild enough flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt, plus more for sautéed meat
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper, Plus more for sautéed meat
- 10oz pkg Frozen Artichoke Hearts, Coarse chopped (Only seen them at Trader Joe's)
- 15oz of Ricotta or Cottage Cheese (Full fat though)
- 3/4 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- 2 lightly beaten Eggs
- 1/4 cup Basil, Chopped
- 2 TB Italian parsley, Chopped
- Arrabbiata Sauce:
- 5 cups of Slow Cooked Tomato Sauce (See Recipe)
- 4 oz Pancetta, Diced
- 1 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 2 cups Dry Mozzarella, Grated
- 1-12 oz box of Jumbo Shells
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat
- In the mean time:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent and garlic begins to brown.
- Add ground poultry fo your choice with a little salt and pepper, cook stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add artichoke hearts and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and make Arrabbiata while this cools
- Heat olive oil in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add Pancetta and sauté until golden.
- Add Garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add Slow cooked tomato sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Bring Sauce to a simmer for about 10 minutes
- The Pasta Water should be boiling by now, so salt water liberally and Drop Shells.
- Cook Pasta for 8-10 minutes(You don't want to cook pasta to al dente), stirring occasionally to prevent sticking while the Arrabbiata is simmering.
- (This allows for maximum yield of intact shells upon draining, I wasn't paying attention one time and had to boil up another box just because too many stuck to the kettle and ripped while draining)
- Remove the Arrabbiata from heat and cool until ready for use.
- Pasta should be done, drain and move whole shells to a piece of wax paper to cool until able to handle.
- Meat mixture should be fairly cool, so continue by:
- Combining the poultry mixture in a large bowl with Ricotta, Pecorino, Eggs, Basil, Parsley, Salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Utilize a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour 3/4 cup Arrabbiata sauce into baking dish to coat the bottom.
- Take a shell in your palm, and stuff with about 1 1/2 – 2 TB of the meat mixture.
- Place the stuffed shell in the baking dish and continue stuffing more shells until dish is full or you run out of shells, about 20-24.
- Cover stuffed shells with remaining Arrabbiata sauce (There may be a little left over, depending on how full your baking dish is)
- Sprinkle with Grated Mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes – The cheese will begin to brown.
NotesBasically... Poultry and Artichoke stuffed Jumbo Shells with Angry Sauce
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Taste of CenturyLink
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More