CONCHIGLIA ALLA CREMA OSTRICA
Conchiglia alla Crema Ostrica
- 1 lb. Medium Shells, Elbow Macaroni or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 18 oysters, shucked, liquid reserved, or 2 4-oz. cans oysters SAVE JUICE!
- 3 oz. white wine
- Clam juice – Enough mixed with oyster juice to make 6 oz (You may not need it if using canned oysters)
- 4 oz. Heavy Cream
- 10 oz. fresh Arugala, washed, hard stems removed
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a Saute pan and sweat the shallots and garlic being careful not to burn the garlic.
Add oysters and pour white wine over.
Bring just to a boil.
Add oyster/clam juice and heavy cream, bring to a simmer and cook for 3 more minutes.
When pasta is done, drain and pour into a large bowl.
Add the Arugala and then pour the oyster mixture over the top.
Toss until the heat from the pasta and the Oysters wilts the Arugala slightly.
Add basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.