- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Medium Shells, Elbow Macaroni or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 18 oysters, shucked, liquid reserved, or 2 4-oz. cans oysters SAVE JUICE!
- 3 oz. white wine
- Clam juice – Enough mixed with oyster juice to make 6 oz (You may not need it if using canned oysters)
- 4 oz. Heavy Cream
- 10 oz. fresh Arugala, washed, hard stems removed
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a Saute pan and sweat the shallots and garlic being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add oysters and pour white wine over.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Add oyster/clam juice and heavy cream, bring to a simmer and cook for 3 more minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the Arugala and then pour the oyster mixture over the top.
- Toss until the heat from the pasta and the Oysters wilts the Arugala slightly.
- Add basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
NotesI make this when I get tired of Linguini and Clams. Although the canned oysters work in a pinch, if you are lucky enough to live on the Oregon Coast, I recommend using fresh oysters.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Watt's Cooking in PA?
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More