CONEY ISLAND SAUCE
- 1/2 pound hamburger
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, mustard and salt.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
This is enough sauce for about 8 hot dogs.