Why I Love This Recipe
Pork, eggs and cheese - A delicious Mexican quiche that is perfect for brunch or dinner. Suggested sides are rice and re-fried beans garnished with shredded cheese.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 large eggs
3/4 cup milk or cream (I like cream, makes it richer)
1 lb Italian sausage or chorizo sausage
1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
deep dish pie shells
tomatoes, cut into wedges
1. Poke holes in the crust with a fork and pre-bake 10 minutes.
2. Fry the sausage with the onion and spices until the onion is tender.
3. Layer meat, green chilies and cheese into crust.
4. Mix eggs and milk/cream together in a bowl with a bit of salt.
5. Pour over meat mixture in the crust.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean. (Cover the crust edges with foil if it is browning too dark).
7. Cut into wedges and top with lettuce, sour cream and a tomato wedge.
8. Serve with salsa if desired.