- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6- 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or cream (I like cream, makes it richer)
- 1 lb Italian sausage or chorizo sausage
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- deep dish pie shells
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. Poke holes in the crust with a fork and pre-bake 10 minutes.
- 2. Fry the sausage with the onion and spices until the onion is tender.
- 3. Layer meat, green chilies and cheese into crust.
- 4. Mix eggs and milk/cream together in a bowl with a bit of salt.
- 5. Pour over meat mixture in the crust.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean. (Cover the crust edges with foil if it is browning too dark).
- 7. Cut into wedges and top with lettuce, sour cream and a tomato wedge.
- 8. Serve with salsa if desired.
NotesPork, eggs and cheese - A delicious Mexican quiche that is perfect for brunch or dinner. Suggested sides are rice and re-fried beans garnished with shredded cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Italian Exchange
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More