- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6- 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or cream (I like cream, makes it richer)
- 1 lb Italian sausage or chorizo sausage
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- deep dish pie shells
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. Poke holes in the crust with a fork and pre-bake 10 minutes.
- 2. Fry the sausage with the onion and spices until the onion is tender.
- 3. Layer meat, green chilies and cheese into crust.
- 4. Mix eggs and milk/cream together in a bowl with a bit of salt.
- 5. Pour over meat mixture in the crust.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean. (Cover the crust edges with foil if it is browning too dark).
- 7. Cut into wedges and top with lettuce, sour cream and a tomato wedge.
- 8. Serve with salsa if desired.
NotesPork, eggs and cheese - A delicious Mexican quiche that is perfect for brunch or dinner. Suggested sides are rice and re-fried beans garnished with shredded cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More