- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 quarts milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the eggs and sugar into a pan, and whisk until light colored and frothy.
- Whisk in 2 cups of milk until thoroughly blended. Place the pan over medium heat, continuing to stir until the mixture thickens, and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and allow to stand 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 6 cups of milk, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to cool thoroughly before serving.
- Serves 12
NotesThis is a rich and creamy egg nog that is an alternative to traditional egg nog because the eggs are cooked. When served chilled and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg and cinnamon, it is a sure bet that it will be a hit at your next Christmas party. Makes 1 punch bow full.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More