- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine half and half, sugar and beaten egg yolks.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon and it is slightly thickened.
- Cool to room temperature. (I added 1 tsp. cornstarch to the first mixture. And added 2/3 cup coarsely chopped Oreo Cookies.)
- Stir in whipping cream and vanilla.
- Pour into ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturers directions.
NotesI bought an Ice-cream Maker during the week at Sears. One of the books from the library was Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt. I made French-Vanilla Ice Cream and added 2/3 cup chopped oreo's about 10 minutes before the ice cream maker was done. It tastes very much like what we buy at the supermarket.