- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine half and half, sugar and beaten egg yolks.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon and it is slightly thickened.
- Cool to room temperature. (I added 1 tsp. cornstarch to the first mixture. And added 2/3 cup coarsely chopped Oreo Cookies.)
- Stir in whipping cream and vanilla.
- Pour into ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturers directions.
NotesI bought an Ice-cream Maker during the week at Sears. One of the books from the library was Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt. I made French-Vanilla Ice Cream and added 2/3 cup chopped oreo's about 10 minutes before the ice cream maker was done. It tastes very much like what we buy at the supermarket.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More