- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. + 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup peach or apricot preserves
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 10 large ripe peaches, about 3 lbs., peeled and sliced
- 1/3 (20 oz. pkg.) refrigerated sliceable sugar cookie dough
- 1 Tbs. flour, divided
- 1-1/2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping
- Combine first sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a large saucepan; stir well. Stir in peach or apricot preserves and almond extract. Add sliced peaches, stirring gently to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until
- mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Spoon peach mixture into a lightly greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- Place about 1/3 of the cookie dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a cookie sheet; roll to a 10x17-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap; sprinkle dough with 1-1/2 teaspoons of the flour; gently rub flour into dough. Repeat procedure on other side of dough. Leave dough in pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Cut 6 (10 x 1/2-inch) strips of dough. Cut 8 (6 x 1/2-inch) strips of dough. Arrange strips in lattice design over peach mixture in dish.
- Combine the 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool cobbler for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Spoon the peach cobbler into individual serving bowls, and top with ice cream or whipped topping.
- Cooks Notes: Refrigerated sugar cookie dough makes this peach cobbler easy and delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More