COOKIES AND CREMA
- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 of a 20-ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, sliced 1/4 inch thick (8 slices)
- 1/2 cup light frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup fat-free dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3 cups fresh or frozen berries (such as raspberries, blackberries, or sliced strawberries), thawed and drained
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
Bake cookies according to package directions. Set aside to cool
Meanwhile, combine the dessert topping and sour cream. Stir in the shredded orange peel. Cover and chill until serving time.
To assemble, place a cookie on each of 4 dessert plates. Top each cookie with one-fourth of the berries; top with one-fourth of the sour cream mixture (about 1/4 cup) and another cookie. If desired, sift cocoa powder lightly over each and garnish with mint. Makes 4 servings.