- Cooking Time: 35-40 min
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 10min
- 6-7 cups flour
- 2T sugar
- 3 1/2 t salt
- 6 1/2 active yeast (or 3 packets)
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 2c hot water
- 1. In bowl add 5c flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and butter.
- 2. mix about 30 sec speed 2
- 3. slowly add water mix 1 1/2 more min
- 4. add flour 1/4 c at a time mixing about 30 sec in between until dough cleans bowl
- 5. Mix 2 min
- 6. pull dough off hook into bowl cover with plastic wrap and towel let rise 20 min
- 7. Shape into loaves and place into oiled pans, oil loaves, cover with plastic wrap chill for 2-12 hours in fridge.
- 8. When ready to bake pull out pans preheat oven 400
- 9. rake fork through for bubbles Bake for 35-40 min
- 10. Flip out onto cooling rack immediately from oven.
- 11. let cool completely before slicimg and freezing.
NotesNever buy bread again!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Camp Nubar Baking Class
culinary karmaSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More