- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
BackstoryBuster Bars have always been one of my favorite treats. Here, I added some mini-waffles to make a waffle sundae in an ice cream bar! Simply omit the waffles for a more traditional treat.
- 4 sets of 4 Eggo® Homestyle Mini Waffles
- 1 1/4 cups hot fudge sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Line (8) 5 oz paper cups on work surface.
- Microwave each set of Mini Waffles for about 10 seconds, or until
- soft; separate into individual waffles.
- Press one waffle into the bottom of each paper cup. Spread 1
- tablespoon of hot fudge on top of the waffle and sprinkle with 1-2
- teaspoons chopped peanuts. Add 2 tablespoons of the softened ice
- cream, packing down. Top the ice cream with another waffle and
- repeat the layers of fudge, peanuts and ice cream. Top the last layer
- of ice cream with a teaspoon of fudge and a sprinkle of peanuts. Push
- a Popsicle stick halfway down the center of each cup. Place the ice
- cream cups in the freezer until very firmly frozen.
- For the chocolate coating, melt the chocolate chips and the
- coconut oil over low heat. Stir until smooth. Transfer to a tall, narrow
- container. Remove ice cream cups from the freezer one at a time. Peel off the cup and dip into the chocolate, covering completely.
- Wrap the bars in plastic wrap or in a plastic gift baggie and place back
- in freezer until ready to serve.
- *to make a more traditional bar, omit the waffles and use Spanish Peanuts or salted, whole peanuts.