- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (plus ingredients on back of box)
- 2 Sticks cold salted butter
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- PREPARE cake mixe in large bowl according to directions on box. Spray 9X13 pan with non-stick spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until center is just barely set.
- WHILE cakes are baking, prepare crumb topping. In large bowl of electric mixer combine, butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla until all crumbly.
- IMMEDIATELY after cake is removed from oven, break crumb topping into marble size pieces with fingers, sprinkling over top. Put back in oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (topping will begin to look a little less wet/raw). Let cool fully then dust with powdered sugar, using a sieve.
- CUT into squares and serve
NotesThis recipe is the best kept secret that I'm letting out of the bag. My good friend passed this recipe along and it is fantastic! Enjoy!
For more pictures see my blog at:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More