- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Thin slices bacon
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 bottle of Red dry wine Burgundy
- 3/4 tsp dried Thyme crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 Carrots chopped 2 inches
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb small red potatoes quartered
- 10 mushrooms quartered
- 1 8 oz. can stewed tomatoes ( I like the italian style)
- Parsley to garnish
- Parmesano grated
- Cook bacon. Sprinkle chicken with Thyme, add salt and pepper and brown with onion and garlic in the same pan with the bacon. Cook about 2 minutes, and then drain the oil. Add potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, canned tomoto, and wine. Cook uncovered on medium heat 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley or grated parmesano.
- Usually I cook this dish an hour longer because I add more pieces of chicken, like leg pieces. I also like to add spanish green olives. You can omit the potatoes, or add carrots, and serve with rice or pasta, it's delicious and easy.
NotesMy mom used to make this dish when I was a kid. You can make it well in advance, and it's great the next day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More