- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryMy mom used to make this dish when I was a kid. You can make it well in advance, and it's great the next day.
- 4 Thin slices bacon
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 bottle of Red dry wine Burgundy
- 3/4 tsp dried Thyme crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 Carrots chopped 2 inches
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb small red potatoes quartered
- 10 mushrooms quartered
- 1 8 oz. can stewed tomatoes ( I like the italian style)
- Parsley to garnish
- Parmesano grated
- Cook bacon. Sprinkle chicken with Thyme, add salt and pepper and brown with onion and garlic in the same pan with the bacon. Cook about 2 minutes, and then drain the oil. Add potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, canned tomoto, and wine. Cook uncovered on medium heat 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley or grated parmesano.
- Usually I cook this dish an hour longer because I add more pieces of chicken, like leg pieces. I also like to add spanish green olives. You can omit the potatoes, or add carrots, and serve with rice or pasta, it's delicious and easy.