- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 lbs. chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb. sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Combine flour, poultry seasoning, pepper and salt in shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken in this mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet and brown chicken pieces on both sides until deep golden, about 5-8 minutes, removing chicken from skillet as it browns.
- When all the chicken is browned, add sausage to skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, mushrooms, and rosemary and cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and pour wine and tomatoes over all.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir gently, then simmer another 10-15 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
NotesChicken thighs, Italian sausage, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and tomatoes simmer together in this hearty and elegant French main dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More