- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 lbs. chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb. sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Combine flour, poultry seasoning, pepper and salt in shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken in this mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet and brown chicken pieces on both sides until deep golden, about 5-8 minutes, removing chicken from skillet as it browns.
- When all the chicken is browned, add sausage to skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, mushrooms, and rosemary and cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and pour wine and tomatoes over all.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir gently, then simmer another 10-15 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
NotesChicken thighs, Italian sausage, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and tomatoes simmer together in this hearty and elegant French main dish.